Pinpoint Predictive is a Silicon Valley VC and Stanford StartX-funded company that is actively seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join our core team. This role represents a unique opportunity to make your mark on our platform and company.
You are a passionate and seasoned full stack engineer who can play a central role in the development, integration, and delivery of our client-facing platform for onboarding data, displaying exceptionally interesting data visualizations, and turning data into real-world impact. You’re able to work closely with colleagues in product, engineering, data science, design, and management, but also able to work independently. You’re interested in human psychology, and in what truly motivates individual differences in behavior in the digital world and beyond. If this is you, then this is an opportunity that you can’t miss:
Pinpoint Predictive provides a data-enrichment and explainable analytics platform to predict individual risk and engagement behaviors, with an initial focus on servicing the $1.5 trillion insurance industry. Its platform can enrich up to 90% of US personal records with its proprietary data. Pinpoint’s scores are based on Al- powered psychometrics, which increase the predictive power of conversion, cancellation, non-weather claims, fraud, and other models by an incremental 20-50%. We’ve also begun to develop mind-blowing real- time psychological personalization capabilities. We are working with a quickly growing clientele of paying insurance carriers, including Fortune 500 companies.
Pinpoint was founded by an internationally recognized expert in heritable psychometric traits, and has attracted strong talent in big-data psychometrics, engineering, data science, and business development. This opportunity is now, and we’ve got a competitive compensation package.
• Develop our client facing web-based data analysis and activation platform.
• Work closely with Product & Data Science teams to integrate data visualizations (JS charting libraries & custom JS), create & optimize user experience, and to enable users to drive insights and actions.
• Deploy, maintain, and monitor cloud-based servers and infrastructure in AWS (microservices deployed as containers in docker/kubernetes).
• Automate everything.
The Ideal Candidate Has/Is:
• Enthusiasm for working in a small, quickly growing, fast-paced startup 4+ years experience developing consumer-facing web applications with rapid iterative release cycle
• Demonstrated skills and experience with a modern web framework (react, angular, vue) and understanding of web security best practices
• Front-end development and integration experience with HTML/CSS
• Experience with designing and exposing backend APIs
• Development experience against both SQL and NoSQL data stores
• BS in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
• Experience building and developing cloud-based applications or services, preferably in AWS
• Comfortable working with development in Linux/Unix environment
• Experience supporting and automating large-scale data processing jobs (panda, spark, airflow)
• Experience interfacing with Data Science Teams to incorporate data cleaning & ML algorithm processing
• Prior development experience in Python or Spark is a plus.
We’re growing quickly and hope you'll join us. We’ve all been working remotely since March 2020.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Senior FS Engineer” in the subject