Pinpoint Predictive is a Silicon Valley VC and Stanford StartX-funded company that is actively seeking an experienced and self-motivated Senior Data Engineer to join our core team. This role represents a unique opportunity to make your mark on our platform and company.
You are a passionate backend data engineer who can design highly scalable and reliable data pipelines to consume, integrate, and analyze large volumes of data from different sources to support the fast-changing needs of our business. You’re able to work closely with colleagues in engineering, data science, product, management, and advisors, but also able to work independently. You’re interested in human psychology, and in what truly motivates individual differences in behavior in the digital world and beyond. If this is you, then this is an opportunity that you can’t miss:
Pinpoint Predictive provides a data-enrichment and explainable analytics platform to predict individual risk and engagement behaviors, with an initial focus on servicing the $1.5 trillion insurance industry. Its platform can enrich up to 90% of US personal records with its proprietary data. Pinpoint’s scores are based on AIpowered psychometrics, which increase the predictive power of conversion, cancellation, non-cat claims, fraud, and other models by an incremental 20-50%. We’ve also begun to develop mind-blowing real-time psychological personalization capabilities. We are working with a quickly growing clientele of paying insurance carriers, including Fortune 500 companies.
Pinpoint was founded by an internationally recognized expert in heritable psychometric traits, and has attracted strong talent engineering, data science, big-data psychometrics, insurance, and business development. This opportunity is now, and we’ve got a competitive compensation package.
• Provide guidance on system architecture, code structure and quality, technical debt, and testing.
• Work closely with, and in support of, the Data Science team. Demonstrate strong implementation aptitude to translate requirements into a scalable solution to meet the needs of the company and our clients, while meeting deadlines.
• Build tools to allow internal and external teams to visualize and extract insights from big-data platforms.
• Automate everything.
• Experience with big-data or machine learning technologies, preferably Spark.
• Strong Python (pandas). Experience with Scala is helpful.
• Strong SQL development and working with NoSQL.
• Comfortable developing and debugging in Linux/Unix environment.
• BS in computer science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 4+ years experience in software development, with 2+ years experience in a data-engineering role for commercial products.
• Enthusiasm for working on a fast-paced engineering team and company
• Familiarity with building/deploying services and data pipelines in AWS.
• Familiarity working with containers (docker, kubernetes).
• Experience implementing operational best practices such as monitoring, alerting, and metadata management.
• Working knowledge of machine learning and statistics.
• Experience in a technical and/or team leadership role, or a desire to grow into one with a pattern of achievement and growth.
We’re growing quickly and hope you’ll join us. We’ve all been working remotely since March 2020.
Contact: email@example.com, with “Senior Data Engineer” in the subject