Internship position at the OECD Development Centre Latin America and the Caribbean Unit
The OECD Development Centre is looking for an intern specialised in economics, development studies and public policy to work full-time for a six-month period. The successful candidate will support the work of the Latin America and the Caribbean Unit of the OECD Development Centre.
The Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Unit produces several publications, including its annual flagship publication, the “Latin American Economic Outlook” (LEO), which comprises an assessment of the macroeconomic situation and the regional integration process as well as an analysis of key structural policy challenges in the LAC region. The LAC Unit produces other reports on the region, such as Multi-dimensional Country Reviews, Revenue Statistics in Latin America, and the Caribbean, or studies on specific policy issues including labour informality or well-being. See https://www.oecd.org/dev/americas/ for a list of publications and key events.
- Contribute to research and policy analysis related to the different publications of the team.
- Collection and management of datasets, to be used for empirical analyses supporting the work of the Unit.
- Provide support for presentations, internal communication, and organisation of international events.
Who can apply?
Internships are open for students who:
- Are enrolled in a full-time degree programme on economics, development studies, finance, or public policy for the duration of the internship.
- Are available for a minimum internship of six months.
- Have an excellent command of Spanish and English. Knowledge of Portuguese and French would be an additional advantage.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical thinking and drafting skills.
- Possess solid quantitative and IT skills; proficiency in the use of statistical programming (such as STATA, Python, R, among others).
Are you interested?
If you are an interested candidate, please send your CV and Cover letter (English version) to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your available starting time. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate will work in OECD’s headquarters in Paris, France. Up to two days of teleworking are offered per week. The contribution to living expenses is of € 1000 per month.
This is an open application, do not hesitate to share with you your CV at any point during the year.